VIATTECH Q&S is an independent consultancy and inspection company for engineering, innovation and technology, specializing in complex system engineering, operational safety (RAMS) and integrated logistics support (ILS), risk management and independent safety assessment (ISA, AsBo).
The company consists of three business units: project engineering and consultancy (RAMS studies, system design, verification & validation), Inspection (audit, ISA / AsBo evaluation and certification) and Training & Development. The objective is to control the operational safety of complex systems and the hazardous risks from failing technologies to which people and their environment may be exposed. VIATTECH Q&S is recognized for its expertise in the development of railway safety systems. The field of action includes complex engineering systems or processes used in the guided transport sector (train, metro, tram), other transport technology sectors (automotive, aeronautics, defense), nuclear energy and industrial sectors.
For more information on our business : www.viattech.com.
Today, we are searching for a Lead Engineer Functional Safety with a large experience in the automotive industry (6 – 10 years) to consolidate our growth.
- As a Lead Engineer Functional Safety, you use your practical experience of working with the ISO26262 safety management process to guide our project teams in the analysis, implementation and validation of safety measures and concepts to meet the defined safety goals.
- You will provide technical support and coaching to junior Functional Safety engineers deployed in the automotive sector
- You will develop and update automotive engineering training materials for junior FuSa engineers
- You will ensure the technological and regulatory watch of the automotive sector
- You will drive and/or execute the required safety analysis and will ensure that these are documented in our documentation tooling.
- You will interact with the Functional Safety department of our customers or act as a Project Functional Safety Manager.
- You will ensure that test and validation reports are also documented.
- In addition, you will collaborate in research & development projects, improving the functional safety processes and driving the development process and methodology of our mechatronic developments and technological innovations.
- You preferably obtained a Master’s degree in Informatics / Mechatronics / Electronics / Electro-mechanical engineering.
- You have experience in (functional) safety engineering in powertrain technologies (vehicle dynamics, transmissions, engines, electric machines, etc.).
- You show experience in a multiple of ASIL-C or ASIL-D compliant commercial projects in automotive, during which you successfully completed the lifecycle from management and concept definition up to the decommissioning of a product. Also experience in the management of (automotive) functional safety engineering ensuring compliance to ISO26262 ASIL-D rated automotive product lifecycles is a must.
- You know how to put ISO26262 into practice based upon former industry experience.
- You are a qualified /certified functional safety expert (AFSE or similar).
- You are a qualified / certified auditor at least on IATF 16949 but preferably ISO 19011.
- You have
– Direct experience with assessments and audits for international programs requiring ISO26262 compliance.
– Proven organizational & people management skills.
– Extensive knowledge on Product safety according to IATF 16949.
– Extensive knowledge of Requirement Management.
– Knowledge of tools used in Functional Safety Management.
– Knowledge of System Engineering.
- Experience in Software Quality and process (e.g., SPICE, CMMI) is a plus.
- You have knowledge of Requirements Management tools (e.g., Doors, Polarion, …).
- You are familiar with automotive development and qualitative processes (FMEA/FTA methods/tools).
- You are able to independently steer a ISO26262 project with your strong analytic and problem-solving skills, while being able to provide guidance to the junior safety engineers.
- You are experienced in the (agile) execution and management of system analysis.
- You are a team player with good communication skills.
At the headquarters or onsite in Belgium
Level of expertise
Functional Safety (RAMS) – dependability & safety of automotive equipments/ systems
Level of experience
Experienced – senior
You get a contract of indefinite duration and can count on an attractive remuneration package, complemented by a wide range of extralegal benefits.
You will have the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge further by following our internal training modules and the guidance of our internal experts.
Our corporate culture is based on values such as Evolution, Respect, Action and Team Spirit.
You want to join a dynamic company involved in challenged & innovative projects, a high-tech environment full of creative and technical talent and a varied job where you will be continually expanding your knowledge ?
Do not hesitate to apply now !
Caractéristiques de l'emploi
|Catégorie emploi||Anglais, Français, Anglais, Néerlandais, Néerlandais|
|Niveau d'expérienceㅤ||Medior - experienced, Senior|