RAMS & ILS engineer – Defense
About the company
VIATTECH Q&S is an independent consultancy and inspection agency for engineering, innovation and technology, specializing in complex system engineering, operational safety (RAMS) and integrated logistics support (ILS), risk management and independent safety assessment (ISA, AsBo).
The company consists of three divisions: Project engineering and consultancy (RAMS studies, system design, verification & validation), Inspection (audit, ISA / AsBo evaluation and certification) and Training & Development. The objective is to control the operational safety of complex systems and the hazardous risks from failing technologies to which people and their environment may be exposed. VIATTECH Q&S is recognized for its expertise in the development of railway safety systems. The field of action includes complex engineering systems or processes used in the guided transport sector (train, metro, tram), other transport technology sectors (automotive, aeronautics, defense), nuclear energy and industrial sectors.
For more information on our business : www.viattech.com.
In the framework of innovative R&D projects in the military field, you will be in charge of various RAMS and ILS engineering activities :
- Project RAMS plan and ILS plan
- Preliminary Hazard Analysis
- Hazard and Operability study (HazOp)
- System hazard analysis, functional or architectural FMECA
- Identification and allocation of RAMS targets to system architecture functions and products
- Quantitative hazard risk assessment by Fault Tree and/or Event Tree
- Management of Hazard Log
- Reliability & Availability predictions, RCM and maintainability study
- Logistic support analyses (LSA), specification of the logistic support system
- Technical Safety Report in accordance with the applicable military reference standards and regulations
Besides this studies, you are in charge of the following activities :
- You ensure safety management in close collaboration with the other team members
- You participate in safety/ design reviews and gate reviews set up by the project manager along the project life cycle
- You are providing advice on design and implementation of changes required to achieve RAMS targets
- You support testing team during the validation and qualification phases with regards to RAMS performances
- Master degree in Engineering (i.e. automation, electricity, electronics, telecom, mechanics, mechatronics, applied physics)
- A first professional experience (+/- 2 years) in RAMS engineering in an industrial environment, a knowledge of safety concepts would be appreciated
- Basic knowledge of the RAMS and ILS military standards (MIL-STD) is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of French and English, Dutch is optional
- A critical mind, dynamic, rigorous and pragmatic
- Good skills for writing technical reports
- Able to work autonomously
At the headquarters or onsite in Belgium
Domain of expertise
RAMS & ILS engineering
Level of experience
Junior engineer with a first professional experience
You get a contract of indefinite duration and can count on an attractive remuneration package, complemented by a wide range of extralegal benefits.
You are actively involved in the business and can participate in a variety of projects in various sectors.
You will have the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge further by following our internal training modules and the guidance of our internal experts.
Our corporate culture is based on values such as Evolution, Respect, Action and Team Spirit.
Caractéristiques de l'emploi
|Catégorie emploi||Anglais, Français, Anglais, Néerlandais, Néerlandais|
|Niveau d'expérienceㅤ||Junior, Medior - experienced|