About the company
VIATTECH Q&S is an independent consultancy and inspection agency for engineering, innovation and technology, specializing in complex system engineering, operational safety (RAMS) and integrated logistics support (ILS), risk management and independent safety assessment (ISA, AsBo).
The company consists of three divisions: Project engineering and consultancy (RAMS studies, system design, verification & validation), Inspection (audit, ISA / AsBo evaluation and certification) and Training & Development. The objective is to control the operational safety of complex systems and the hazardous risks from failing technologies to which people and their environment may be exposed. VIATTECH Q&S is recognized for its expertise in the development of railway safety systems. The field of action includes complex engineering systems or processes used in the guided transport sector (train, metro, tram), other transport technology sectors (automotive, aeronautics, defense), nuclear energy and industrial sectors.
For more information on our business : www.viattech.com.
Within the framework of major nuclear projects in Belgium and France you will be in charge of:
- Performing probabilistic safety assessment (PSA) to meet the regulatory requirements regarding the development of internal/external hazards/events PSA.
- Updating the existing internal events models (using Fault Tree and Event Tree Tools) by taking into account:
- Current status of the nuclear plant (experience feedback for the development of operating profiles, operating procedures, plant modifications etc.).
- State-of-the-Art methodologies.
- Evaluating the existing PSA models to define their adequacy to perform PSA applications.
- Supporting the Operator in the use of these models for various applications (assessment of plant modification, decision-making process, optimizing the training programs of operators, etc.).
- Presenting and justifying the results of the studies in front of the Safety Authorities.
- Master degree in Engineering (i.e. automation, electricity, electronics, telecom, mechanics, mecatronics, applied physics). A Master in Nuclear Science constitutes a further asset.
- A first professional experience (3 – 5 years) in probabilistic safety assessment (PSA) techniques in nuclear energy or equivalent other sectors (Fault Tree Analysis, Event Tree Analysis, RAMS, PHA, FMECA, SHA etc.).
- Good knowledge of RiskSpectrum® PSA software or other equivalent safety assessment tools.
- Excellent knowledge of French and English.
- An experience in performing internal/external Hazards PSA is an asset.
- A critical mind, dynamic, rigorous and pragmatic.
- Good skills for writing technical reports.
- Able to work autonomously.
At the headquarters or onsite in Belgium or France
Domain of expertise
Nuclear Safety – Probabilistic Safety Assessment
Level of experience
Junior engineer with a first professional experience
You get a contract of indefinite duration and can count on an attractive remuneration package, complemented by a wide range of extralegal benefits.
You will have the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge further by following our internal training modules and the guidance of our internal experts.
Our corporate culture is based on values such as Evolution, Respect, Action and Team Spirit.
Caractéristiques de l'emploi
|Catégorie emploi||Anglais, Français, Anglais, Néerlandais, Néerlandais|
|Niveau d'expérienceㅤ||Junior, Medior - experienced|